New Delhi: The Company has released Tata Hornbill’s first teaser, which has given a glimpse of the design of this small SUV.
Tata Hornbill SUV teased ahead of debut.
Tata Motors has taken out the curtains from four spectacular cars in the 2019 Geneva Motor Show that started on March 5. These includes Tata Altroz, Altroz EV, Tata H7X SUV (7-seater version of Harrier) and Hornbill micro-SUV concept. The company had released Tata Hornbill’s first teaser, which has given a glimpse of the design of this small SUV.
And in the teaser you can see the tri-arrow patterns are displayed on hornbill LED DRL in the front bumper . The car is designed with the similar concept of H5X . Apart from this, the front of the micro-SUV is having squared-off edge, which is believed to be lending a boxier,more upright and gives it a prominent look.
Outstanding in quality, muscular but athletic, agile and sporty. Future design direction from Impact 2.0 design lan… https://t.co/iRJyM0Mmic
— Tata Motors (@TataMotors) 1551677653000
The Hornbill will be built on the company’s alpha modular platform. This platform will also be used for Tata’s premium hatchback Altroz. However, the micro-SUV’s will have wheelbase which will be 50mm shorter. The alfa platform has been designed to use the 1.05-liter, 3-cylinder Revotorq diesel engine. However, this micro-SUV is likely to be launched only with the 1.2-liter petrol engine.
The Hornbill will make the presence of Tata in the Micro-SUV segment in the market. It will be launched in the Segment below Nexon. It will be in competition with Maruti’s Future-S Concept . Hornbill can be launched in February 2020.
The entry level hatchback car segment is the most popular and competitive in India. The hatchback model’s from companies like Maruti, Hyundai and Tata are quite popular. Maruti WagonR, New Hyundai Santro and Tata Teago are considered in competition in the market. In terms of sales the New Santro has left both cars in last year December.
Maruti is going to launch the new Wagonr on 23rd Jan , due to which the production of the current model is closed.
Features of new Santro & Tiago.
Now we will tell you about the features of New Santro and Tiago, so that you can choose which car works for you.
- Both cars are equipped with latest safety features.
- The length of new Santro is 3610mm, width 1645mm and height is 1560mm.
- Tata Tiago’s length is 3746mm, width is 1647mm and height is 1535mm. In the case of size, Tata Tiago’s length and width are high, while Santro’s height is high. The wheelbase is 2400mm of both cars.
- The new Hyundai Santro has a 1.1 liter 4-cylinder petrol engine, which generates 69 PS power and 99 nm torque. Santro is also available in the CNG option. On the other hand, Tata Teago has a 1.2-liter, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which generates 85 PS power and 114 Nm torque. There is also a diesel engine option in Tiago. In terms of power, Tiago is better to New Santro.
- Both hatchback cars have a 5-speed manual and 5-speed automatic transmission option. Even in the case of breaking, both cars are equal. On the front of New Santro and Tiago, there is a drum break in the disc and rear.
- The new Santro has been rated ABS standard with driver-side airbag and EBD. Drivers and co-driver airbags feature options are available in the base variant of Tiago, while ABS with EBD is available in Second Top Models. Apart from this, both cars have other safety features such as Front fog lamps, Rear Defogger, Day-Night Inside Rear View Mirror and Rear Parking Sensor.
- Both cars are also equipped with features like Touchscreen Infoment System and Steering Mounted Controls.
- In terms of price both cars compete hard to each other. Price of new Santro is between Rs 3.89 lakh and Rs 5.64 lakh. At the same time, the price of petrol variant of Tata Tiago is between Rs 3.39 lakh and Rs 5.64 lakh. These prices are of X showroom.